Monday 1 September 2014

I love quilting because...





Hello my dear blogger friends.  Today is September 1st and it's officially National Sewing and Quilting Month.

Fat Quarter Shop is celebrating this special occasion with all their friends and costumers. They invited some bloggers to make a project they had never done before. I accepted the challenge  at once, of course!

I'll be making some accessories to my new bathroom and I will try to make a Kimono sweater out of a scarf ( don't miss it, it will be my first attempt sewing garments).

Not only that but FQS also created a wonderful quilt pattern, it's called Color My Heart and is absolutely free. you can find the pattern and instructions HERE.

 I'm sure you will love it as much I as do. It's a fun project and very easy too. All you need is a bunch of 5 inches squares. Quilting as been my way to escape all the bad things that happen in my life, it really makes my heart smile while I make things to give my friends and family. Make this great pattern and you're heart will be smiling too.

4 comments:

Sheila said...

Looking forward to seeing your projects and thanks for the link to the pattern , I am off to check it out . Happy sewing :-)

Melody said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your project too.

sunny said...

Can't wait to see your new projects! It's always fun (?) to try something new.

Quilting By Celia said...

There are so many projects we want to do and lots of inspiration from all the blogs.
I detect some sadness in your writting...